Honda GL1200 Cam Belt Cover Tool
Randakk's Honda GL1200 Cam Belt Cover Tool
Another Randakk Exclusive!
This great tool allows easy removal of cam belt covers for belt inspection / replacement without removing the radiator as many (elsewhere) advise. The clever design gives you easy access to the inner bolts which are in a very tight space.
Simply loosen (but do not remove) the 4 bolts securing the radiator to the frame and carefully move the bottom of the radiator forward using suitable spacers about 1/2". Then, simply use the tool to remove the covers.
The "fixed" end is used for breaking the bolt loose and final tightening. The "pivot" end is used in speed ratchet fashion to quickly spin the bolts in or out. My terrific collaborator Bob Hagerman took my design and made several significant improvements.
Randakk's tool is superior to others you may find:
- Optimized overall length
- Offset end makes the tool much easier to use
- Cam belt cover bolts are "stepped" and quite brittle. Take care when tightening!
- By necessity, this wrench is rather long. Don't allow the extra leverage to over-torque!
- Remember: the seal does the work ...not the bolts. Tighten them just "snug."
Note: This version of the tool is designed for Honda GL1200 models only.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1984 Honda GL1200 GL1200
- 1984 Honda GL1200 GL1200A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1984 Honda GL1200 GL1200I Goldwing Interstate
- 1985 Honda GL1200 GL1200A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1985 Honda GL1200 GL1200I Goldwing Interstate
- 1985 Honda GL1200 GL1200I-LTD
- 1986 Honda GL1200 GL1200A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1986 Honda GL1200 GL1200I Goldwing Interstate
- 1986 Honda GL1200 GL1200SE-i Goldwing LTD
- 1987 Honda GL1200 GL1200A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1987 Honda GL1200 GL1200I Goldwing Interstate