GL1100 Master Carb Kit
Randakk Master Carb Overhaul Kit for Honda GL1100
BEST VALUE! WORLD'S BEST KIT!
Another Randakk exclusive item. This kit is proprietary to Randakk's...you won't find this available anywhere else at any price. Sourced for the best available parts from 3 continents and combined them with my own exclusive items to make this kit possible. This kit is appropriate for any 1980 - 1983 GL1100 with original carbs.
This kit has been created using the same philosophy as my industry leading GL1000 Master Carb Overhaul Kits...my GL1100 Master Carb Overhaul Kit(R) includes everything you need (and nothing you don't need!) for a comprehensive GL1100 carb overhaul.
Note: The ordinary round o-rings in each of my Master Kits are made of Viton rather than ordinary nitrile (Buna-N) as found in other aftermarket carb kits. Viton is superior to nitrile in terms of:
- Heat tolerance (400 degrees F vs. 250 degrees F)
- Compression set
Did you know that one good case of severe engine overheating can ruin the carb o-rings found in ordinary kits? My o-rings are the best available! Need proof? -- check out our blog for your very own Viton Proof.
Also, o-ring sizes are precise. They are equivalent to the exact sizes specified by Honda for each fitment. Not "close-enough" sizes as in many of the other aftermarket kits I've evaluated.
Randakk's GL1100 Master Carb Overhaul Kit(R)
Each kit provides everything listed for all 4 carbs + other items required for splitting and rejoining the plenum plus kits to rebuild all four air cutoff valves as well as the accelerator pump! Only the highest quality items are included. The components in this kit have been thoroughly tested for fit and function. This collection represents the best value available in the market. Trust me, you will need everything in this kit to do a proper overhaul of your carbs.
Randakk's Master GL1100 Carb Overhaul Kit(R) includes:
- 4 - Fuel (idle) mixture screw (2.8 x 1.1 mm)
- 4 - Float bowl drain screw (4.8 x 1.9 mm)
- 4 - Large carb-to-plenum (air) O-ring (53.1 x 2.0 mm)
- 4 - Intake manifold (40.0 x 2.6 mm)
- 4 - CV Slide Top Limit Plug (6.9 x 1.3 mm)
- 4 - Accelerator Pump Fuel Circuit Cross Tube - (2.8 x 1.3 mm)
- 4 - Main Fuel Circuit Cross Tube - (5.8 x 2.0 mm)
- 2 - Main Fuel Inlet Hose Barb (5.8 x 2.0 mm)
- 1 - Carb #3 accelerator pump passage at float bowl (5.0 x 1.3 mm) This is a "spare"...the accelerator pump kit also contains this O-ring
Float Bowl Gaskets - 4 of each:
- Constructed of superior Viton material to resist the components of modern gasoline.
Special Carb-to-Plenum Fuel Seals:
- Randakk's Viton carb-to-plenum fuel seals. 4 are provided:
- 2 - Large seals (for carb #3 and #2)
- 2 - Small seals (for carb #3 and #4)
Special Gasket - 1 of these:
- Randakk's exclusive improved Viton GL1100 plenum gasket.
- Randakk's Viton reproduction petcock rebuild kit (See detailed description here):
- 1 - Petcock disk
- 2 - Petcock-to-fuel tank seals
- 4 - Air Cutoff Valve Overhaul Kits
- 1 - Accelerator Pump Overhaul Kit
- 11 - 1 mm Cotter pins for linkage (simple item, but hard to find elsewhere)
- 5 - Special screws and lock washers in 2 lengths to rejoin the plenum halves. These are high quality zinc-plated screws...not soft crap like the originals.
- 4 - Idle mixture screw washers
My kit includes everything you need to separate and rejoin the plenum: plenum gasket, special carb-to-plenum fuel seals (2 sizes), carb-to-plenum "air seals" as well as 5 high quality screws in the correct lengths. If you don't split the plenum and renew these critical parts during your overhaul, you may have regrets later.
Note: No jets or jet needles are supplied with my kits. My experience is that these can normally be cleaned and reused Aftermarket needles are not sized as accurately as the OEM needles and may introduce lean / rich problems where none existed. Unless your needles are worn or bent, I recommend reusing them. If you try to buy jet needles from Honda, you'll discover that they are only available as a set which includes the CV slide, cap and jet needle. The price will make you faint!
Also, there are no float valve/seat assemblies in my kit. Many aftermarket rebuild kits include float valve/seat assemblies of dubious quality. In the past, there have been many problems with these aftermarket items. Most of the problems related to the aftermarket float needles being incorrectly sized (too short) resulting in unreliable (or nonexistent) fuel shutoff Some are OK. I've not included them in this kit, because the rubber tips and seats on the OEM item will last nearly forever and can usually be cleaned and reused. So, I've left float valve/seat assemblies out of my kit to keep the cost down and give you a choice on what to buy if you think new ones are needed.
If you decide that you need new float valve/seat assemblies, you can buy the OEM item and not have a worry. This way you'll also get new fuel inlet screens (the plastic strainers installed below each float valve). The Honda part number is for the float valve set is 16011-PK1-005. It includes the float seat, float needle, special washer and screen. You will need to order 4 of these. Or, take a slight gamble and go with aftermarket float valve/seat assemblies which are available at reasonable cost from numerous suppliers. When you use aftermarket float valve/seat assemblies you will need to carefully remove, clean and reuse your existing fuel inlet screens (these are supplied only with the OEM Honda float valves).
No fuel filter is included. But, it would be a crime to redo your carbs and not take prudent measures to ensure a pure fuel supply! I recommend the OEM Honda filter as a high quality replacement unit. The Honda part number is: #16900-371-004.
We now offer the optional Randakk High Performance Fuel Filter with sizes to fit virtually any carbureted motorcycle. Details here.
While you are at it, you should replace your fuel hoses as these can sometimes disintegrate from the inside out and be a source of fuel contamination in the form of small rubber fragments. I recommend that you purchase a length of high quality 1/4" fuel injection hose locally. Don't forget to flush your fuel pump. Debris can collect here as well. If you are doing a show quality restoration, you should use the OEM Honda woven-cover fuel hose sections.
My Master Kit includes 67 total pieces (I count the 4 air cutoff overhaul kits and accelerator pump kit as only "1" piece each in my total count even though each actually has a diaphragm, spring, seal, boot, etc. Also, I don't count the 5 lock washers for the plenum screws in the total part count).
Considerable skill is required to install this high quality kit correctly. Since I can't control this important variable, there is no warranty on these. Rest assured that they are of the highest quality materials and workmanship. Each kit has been carefully packed and inspected to ensure that all items are included.
Warning: Please open the package very carefully when it arrives. Many of the parts are very small so take appropriate precautions. If you chose to open the package in the dark over your gravel driveway, after 1 or 12 beers, please don't later complain that you are a "few o-rings short." Seriously, do be careful when you open the package!
Consider this best value "Combo" offer ...Howard Halasz' GL1100 Carb Repair Guide + Randakk's GL1100 Master Overhaul Kit Save $10!
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate