Oil Filter Conversion Kit - CB550SC CB650SC CB750SC
This well-engineered conversion kit allows the use of auto spin-on oil filters and makes oil changing a joy! Beautifully crafted by Huntech. Say good-bye to the messy OEM oil filter canister and cartridge. One less excuse not to change your oil!
Filter sold separately - be sure to purchase a supply of these when you purchase this kit!
For the following Honda models:
- Honda CB550SC NightHawks 1983
- Honda CB650SC NightHawks 1983-1984
- Honda CB650SC NightHawks 1985 up to engine serial #2205566
T-6 aluminum with highly polished finish
- Simple 20-minute, "once and done" installation
- Screws into existing oil filter bolt hole
- Machined from T-6 aluminum with highly polished finish
- Instructions included
- Permits the use of these economical, readily available auto spin-on filters (not included in kit)
- Adapter-to-engine block o-ring seal included
- Modern filters incorporate anti-drain back valve (not in OEM design)
- Many feel that modern filters offer a more reliable pressure relief valve than the OEM design.
Full Installation instructions are provided with the product. The best installation tool is a pin arbor tool (available at Sears). It is imperative that the o-ring on the engine side of the adapter be installed "DRY!
See related products for the Spin-On Oil Filter - sold separately.
- CarQuest 85348 (Blue Box premium model made by WIX...same as WIX 51348)
The WIX filter is built with superior materials and incorporates both a by-pass valve and a silicone anti-drain back valve.
Note: No filter is included in the kit - so be sure to order a supply from us when you buy this kit.
mounted on '83 Honda 83 CB650SC courtesy of Jason DeJoode
Note: Installation is quick and simple, but the mounting instructions must be followed carefully. Failure to do so could result in engine damage or physical injury. If you lack mechanical aptitude, you should engage a professional motorcycle mechanic to perform the installation for you.
Considerable skill is required to install this high quality kit correctly. Since Randakk's cannot control this important variable, there is no warranty. Rest assured that they are of the highest quality materials and workmanship.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1983 Honda CB550 CB550SC Nighthawk 550
- 1983 Honda CB650 CB650SC Nighthawk 650
- 1984 Honda CB650 CB650SC Nighthawk 650
- 1985 Honda CB650 CB650SC Nighthawk 650