Oil Filter Conversion Kit - CX500 CX650 GL500 GL650
This well-engineered conversion kit allows the use of auto spin-on oil filters and makes oil changing a joy! Say good-bye to the messy OEM oil filter canister and cartridge. One less excuse not to change your oil!
Filter sold separately - be sure to purchase a supply of these when you purchase this kit! See related items.
Fits the following Honda models:
- Honda CX500 - all years
- Honda CX650 - all years
- Honda GL500 - all years
- Honda GL650 - all years
T-6 aluminum with highly polished finish - GL1000 moel shown
- Simple 20-minute, "once and done" installation
- Screws into existing oil filter bolt hole
- Machined from T-6 aluminum with highly polished finish
- Instructions included
- Permits the use of these economical, readily available auto spin-on filters (not included in kit)
- Adapter-to-engine block o-ring seal included
- Modern filters incorporate anti-drain back valve (not in OEM design)
- Many feel that modern filters offer a more reliable pressure relief valve than the OEM design.
Full Installation instructions are provided with the product. The best installation tool is a pin arbor tool. It is imperative that the o-ring on the engine side of the adapter be installed "DRY!
Designed to use the following filter:
- CarQuest 85348 (Blue Box premium model made by WIX...same as WIX 51348)
The WIX filter is built with superior materials and incorporates both a by-pass valve and a silicone anti-drain back valve.
Note: No filter is included in the kit, be sure to order a supply when you purchase this kit..
Note: Installation is quick and simple, but the mounting instructions must be followed carefully. Failure to do so could result in engine damage or physical injury. If you lack mechanical aptitude, you should engage a professional motorcycle mechanic to perform the installation for you. Since Randakk's cannot control this important variable, there is no warranty. Rest assured that they are of the highest quality materials and workmanship.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
Motorcycle Fitment: N/A