GL1000/GL1100 Petcock Repair Kit (included in GL1000 and GL1
Note: This kit is also suitable for early GL1200 models that use 1/4" fuel hose (5.5mm). Generally this means most 1984-1986 GL1200 models. Not for 1987 models or 1986 models that use 3/8" fuel hose (10mm).
Better than OEM quality, these proprietary Petcock Repair Kits are designed to work in the both the rebuildable ('75-'76) and "non-rebuildable" ('77-'79) GL1000 petcocks. They are a simple, direct replacement for '75-76 petcocks.
GL1000 / GL1100 Petcock Repair Kit
Works better than the OEM item (which is not made of Viton). I am the exclusive source for this special repair kit.
Now you have an option other than total replacement for the riveted construction petcock Honda introduced in 1977. No one knows for sure why Honda went this route with the petcock. Probably managed to save a few cents in manufacturing and assembly labor. The small savings pale when compared to the expense you encounter when you were forced to replace rather than rebuild a petcock!
Minor modification of the petcock is required to use these repair kits in '77-79 GL1000 petcocks. The same modification will allow you to rebuild any '80 - '83 GL1100 petcock with this kit as well as well.
Here's a blog post that explains the rebuild and petcock modification process
Each Kit includes 3 pieces:
1. Special Petcock Sealing Disk (Reproduction of Honda Part# 16955 268 020 "Valve Gasket" a ubiquitous part used on dozens of Honda models over the years...the Honda part is sporadically "discontinued")
- Diameter: 20.18 mm
- Thickness: 3mm
- 4 holes in disk...each with diameter of 6mm2. Special Fuel Seals to attach the petcock to the fuel tank
Considerable R&D effort (and investment!) has gone into this project. These rebuild kits fit and function better than OEM. Constructed of Viton to resist the components of modern gasoline.
The 2 special special fuel seals included in the repair kit have precise dimensions and similar density as the OEM item including the radiused edge on one side. When you install these, remember that the "square? side of the seal is oriented toward the recess in petcock... the radiused edge is oriented toward the fuel tank.
Considerable skill is required to install these repair kits correctly. Since I can't control this important variable, there is no warranty with these. Rest assured that they are of the highest quality materials and workmanship.
These kits fit Honda '75-'79 GL1000 and '80-'83 GL1100 petcocks. As noted above, minor modification of the petcock is required to use these in '77-79 GL1000 and '80-'83 GL1100 petcocks.
These also fit an number of other Honda petcocks from the same vintage. Contact us if you'd like to verify other fitments.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1975 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1976 Honda GL1000 GL1000
- 1976 Honda GL1000 GL1000-LTD
- 1977 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1978 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1979 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate